Sunday, September 21, 2014

Short Short Story


Plummeting 

CAUTION: Those who are made uncomfortable by loud noises should not ride.
WARNING! For safety you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back, or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by riding.
-Expectant mothers should not ride.
-Supervise children at all times.
-Those who do not meet the height requirement of 48'' may not ride.
-Prior to riding, you must remove all loose articles from your person


The wind lashed violently against my face, peeling my skin back and making my eyes water. My back was in such excruciating pain that I had trouble inhaling and exhaling. There was so much tension and aching in my body. I couldn't see anything around me clearly. Was that the ground below me? Or was I upside down facing the sky? If only my head would stop pounding. My stomach kept turning. I felt my body being jolted up again as the pain in my head intensified. The watering in my eyes was uncontrollable as tears streamed down my pale white cheeks. Now I've lost feeling in my head entirely. Suddenly, a deafening crack pierced through the cold air. It was so violent that I felt as if my ears would start bleeding. The blood completely drained from my face as the crack repeated itself. My eyes widened, stricken in fear. Then instantaneously, and almost as if it were on cue, I felt the sensation of falling. My entire body lost all sense of feeling as I plummeted.
Falling.
Falling.
Falling.
Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment