Sunday, October 19, 2014

Two Narrators

     I'm so nervous. What if everyone laughs at me? They're definitely going to laugh at me. I just know it. Ugh I can't believe I have to wear these. This is so embarrassing. I wish I just stayed home today. I should have just stayed home. Why didn't I stay home?! I don't want to be here.

     "Hey, Brooke," Lucas said. "Are those new glasses?" Brooke could feel the red hot embarrassment showing from her cheeks up to her ears. "Uh, yeah...sort of new I guess. They're just temporary I swear. My little brother sat on mine and these are the ones I have to wear until my new ones come in", she answered. 

     I wish I could just walk faster down this hallway. I need to get to English quickly so I can get a seat in the back. I hate James so much why did he have to break my glasses. This day needs to end. This day just needs to end.

     Brooke shuffled swiftly down the hallway as Lucas's pace quickened to keep up with her. "When are your new ones coming in?" he asked. Brooke's cheeks turned bright red again as she scratched the side of her face. "Hopefully tomorrow," she replied nervously. "My mom called the eye doctor yesterday to double check." Lucas nodded and continued walking at a somewhat fast pace to keep up with her. His brow furrowed a little as he said, "Hey, why are you walking so fast?"

     Why do you think I'm walking so fast? I hate being seen in these embarrassing glasses, that's why. Just stop interrogating me already! It's not nice it's just annoying. And maybe I want to get to class a bit early. What's it to you? Stay out of my way. 

     "Oh, no reason," Brooke answered nonchalantly, "just want to get to class on time I guess." She kept her head down as she turned the corner of the hallway. Lucas chuckled. "But first period doesn't start for another eight minutes! What's the rush? We always walk around together before class."

     Well maybe today is different, okay? I need to minimize the amount of people that see me today. I'm so angry at James I can't even describe it. Ugh I wish I could walk with my head lower without crashing into a locker or something. This is the perfect example of why I should just get contacts. Glasses are so problematic anyways. 

     "I uh, I...um...have to talk to Mrs. Scott about something." Brooke stammered. "Something..?" Lucas said confused. Brooke's eyes darted around the halls nervously. "Yes something! I might be missing the essay from...uh...last class. It's marked as a...a...zero...I think. And I really want to keep my A in that class so I need to talk to her about making it up. 

     Brooke darted down the hallway towards the English wing, head low, eyes down, bumping into a few walls in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment